It is the 1st of October, which means Squares is back! I know many of you re as excited as me as already we’ve enjoyed bonus prequels, lots of jumping up and down, fabulous first roofs and even fireworks. No wonder I am looking forward to catching up with everyone this month. Although just between us I must admit I am also feeling daunted by the month ahead. I am also juggling major post festival projects, family celebrations and planning for our winter sojourn. Still . . . . . I thrive on being busy.
Join me this month celebrating the past four years of Squares. There are so many ways you can do this using the tag PastSquares. Here’s an overview of what I plan to do over the next thirty-one days;
- Re-post a previous square post which at the time didn’t get much attention or perhaps received lots of attention
- Have fun with the word ‘past’ by sharing squares of history and heritage, and that includes past holidays!
- Share on this day moments of previous posts
If my PastSquares plans don’t quite work for you, here are some more ideas you might want to consider this month;
- Share your favourite square from a previous theme (see box to right or list below for your themes reminder)
- Share one or more leftover squares from a previous theme
- Share a photograph you’ve taken this year that would have been perfect for a previous theme
- Or if you have not been squaring for very long why not pick a theme you missed and share thirty one squares of that theme.
If you are wondering what I have done today, it is an ‘On This Day’ moment celebrating the past four years by looking back to when it all began. Today’s square first appeared on 30th September (which for some of you it is still is at this precise moment) and then I shared it again the following day – 1st October 2017 – when I looked back on the first thirty squares. The theme then was flowers, and it was followed by Sky, Circles & Squares, Roofs, In the Pink, Time, Spiky, Blue, Lines, words containing the word ‘light’, Top, Perspectives, Kinda, Up, Bright and Trees.
I am looking forward to celebrating the past four years with you, and can’t wait to see what you decide to square. And remember whilst some of us square daily you don’t have to – you can join us weekly, fortnightly or even only once. Just make sure you square!