Warning this is very addictive
and currently live!
Can you post a photographic square daily for one month every quarter? Actually you don’t have to share daily. If you prefer you can post all 30 (or 31) in one go at the end of the month, join us weekly or pop in and out. The frequency of posts depends what suits you, your blog and your circumstances.
The theme changes every quarter and is announced in a post on this blog a few weeks, occasionally days, in advance. In the lead up to every squares you will find a countdown timer on my home page, but just in case you want to make a note of all the months they are:
- October – visit here for day one of the current challenge
How it works:
- Create your square post, and include a pingback to one of my daily square posts (not this page or the home page as otherwise I don’t know about your ping!)
- You can also add your link to your post in the comments on any of my square posts
- To make it easy for others to find you and to generate interest do include the theme’s tag (sometimes this may be the only way I can find you too!)
- Remember to ‘follow my blog’ to receive your quarterly reminders
- Be an amazing member of the square gang, whether you post squares or not, and make time to enjoy one or more of the square galleries
The only rule
is that your main (or linked) photograph must be square in shape!
Pingbacks need to be approved, which means occasionally there can be a small delay in your link appearing in the comments. I aim to visit every pingback/link, so if I have not visited within a couple of days of you posting let me know!
History and Galleries:
The challenge began in September 2017, and there are now around seventy of us taking part every quarter. In previous years the challenge months have been March, June, September and December, but in mid 2019 the months were changed to January, April, July and October.
At least thrice during the challenge month I share a selection of my favourite pingbacks in a gallery. It is a great way to catch on fellow squarers, to make new blogging friends and to be inspired by photography.
Here are the galleries for every month we have played the challenge.
- Lines & Squares in October 2019 – 1 (and others to come!)
- Blues in July 2019 – 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6
- Spiky March 2019 – 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Times Square in December 2018 – 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
- In the Pink September 2018 – 1, 2 and 3
- Roofs in June 2018 – 1, 2 and 3
- Circles & Squares in March 2018 – 1, 2, 3, and 4
- Sky in December 2017 – 1, 2 and 3
- Flowers in September 2017 – 1, 2 and 3
If you want to be included in the square gallery it is essential your photographs are square and it really helps if you pingback and use the tags. The WordPress gremlins regularly hide posts and notifications so I rely on both pingbacks and the tags to find your squares.
PS If you love blogging challenges pop across to see Cee who has collated a wonderful list of all the regular challenges.