This month I have laughed so much, also been surprised, learnt lots and at times been very puzzled. In fact you can probably find my February facial expressions in this unusual gallery of faces I stumbled across in a university basement in Pittsburgh a few years ago. Although maybe not that oddly long nose in the second square!
It has been such a great first half of the month, that I thought you deserved a bonus post today and as you can see it is not just bonus squares I have for you. I have also curated this morning our first odd gallery. We’re going to begin as usual with some new squarers and a few we have not seen for quite a while. Have fun exploring by;
- Starting by living again and going back to square one, before puzzling over the oddities you have found
- Squares will always wait for you and your unusual guests, but it is important to take care of yourself amongst the unusually odd
- Remember the charm of a squares gallery is that you can be sitting comfortably at home with a cocktail in your hand as you explore and chat with a trio of square friends
If this is your first time visiting a Squares Gallery, then the best tip I can give, if you haven’t gathered it already from the mention of cocktails, is to make sure you have poured yourself a glass or mug of something.
- After that good advice here’s some great signage to what I hope you will find is a charming explore of squares.
- Assuming of course you go the right direction as February is the odd month and you may find yourself on a random path with all this oddness around us
- So make sure you count up as you explore; surely everyone has counted at least 1, 3 and 5 when visiting a fellow squarer. And don’t forget legs eleven!
This is not the largest gallery we have ever had, but to visit even a few squarers in every room may take a little while. So feel free to pop back and visit later if you don’t have time right now.
- Squares after all is about being flexible and seeing no evil, and discovering both friends and fabulous stories
- So please do make the time to find the odd man out amongst all the mushrooms, and relax as you’re taken up the garden path!
- Where you will also find abstracts on the beach, pebbles that are enormous rocks, and oddly even apples in the head
I have loved how a few of you have created a series with your squares this month. Who know that an odd theme could be so inspiring! So come and join me and visit a few more squarers.
- If you can spare the time you’ll find it is the time for discovering ‘not quite the norm‘, for desiring follies of our own and for absolute deliciousness
- There are also singing animals, birds a’winking and even dinosaurs to discover amongst all of nature’s oddities
- But as you explore remember to look before you leap when there are warnings, you might also want to think twice about heading out onto the thin ice
Sadly a few regulars have not been able to join us this month as they are taking blogging breaks. Life does seem such an uphill challenge still because of Covid19. Sending hugs to all those affected, and a round of applause to everyone who has made it back for squares.
- I thought you all might appreciate the calmness to be found in the shadows as well as relaxation in stretches and a hug from a cute stuffed doll
- It is time for silly moments with family and friends, and for finding the very cool on our square journeys
- And with squarers it doesn’t matter if we are the third wheel although we may not want to receive the basket nor the pumpkin!
And so we come to the final room of our first gallery. Hasn’t it been splendid so far, and this final room really has some marvellous oddities so really hope you still have time to explore!
- Let’s open the gate and discover as many odds and ends as well as Squarers as we can this week; February is not a month to be idling or sitting on a fence!
- It’s a time for the colour amethyst and for discovering all the odd corners whilst soaking in all the festive squares around us
- So don’t be the odd one out, come and encounter the loveliest and squarest community where you will find the inspiration sparks truly fly!