This morning after yet another dental appointment I took up residence at this cafe – halfway between home and the dentist. It wasn’t that I needed to recover from dentist, but the fact I had planned multiple back to back and overlapping meetings with our volunteers. We had such fun chatting to each other. In most cases it was the first time we had met, as many of them had been recruited during last year’s lockdown, and until today all of our meetings had been via Zoom or over the telephone. It was fabulous to finally meet them. But that’s not the reason for this bonus square . . . . . .
I thought we could also enjoy a coffee/tea break together, and where better than in our first Past Squares gallery. Don’t forget to also pour yourselves a little something!
- We’re off on an adventure this month, re-discovering our flowery past and reminding ourselves every day can be a good day
- Specially when we can enjoy great love as well as moments of playful encounters and blissful harmony
- Today is a day to eye up the squares, and gaze upon stunning flora and incredible architecture
- You can also step back in time and visit literary places for real, and even defeat a dragon
Wasn’t that a wonderful first room, so many fabulous Past Squares to discover. I am hoping you will have a chance to visit every Squarer in every room this weekend.
- Let’s get started as there are fascinating hidden histories to discover and fabulous first squares to re-discover
- And whilst we enjoy our past delights there are also songs to make you smile and futures to ponder
- And of course as it is a Squares month it is always a blast with blue skies above, and a camera that never stops giving
By the way all of the squarers in the first three rooms joined in the fun of Past Squares on day one of the challenge. Mostly I have linked to their day ones although just occasionally I was sidetracked by another day’s square.
- Such as when I realised not only was there a fabulous one I missed the first time but that dandelions are a squares favourite and that even rubbish can be splendid
- Mostly though I’ve shared flashbacks to day one, as I don’t want anyone to miss opening squares in the excitement of a new squares festival
- You certainly won’t feel blue this month, instead we are all going to be bright as we top four years of squares with squares and pumpkins
Our final two room in this opening gallery are rather a bumper collection. Originally one room but now two, thanks to the glorious rush of Squarers in the past couple of days. Here you will find here our lovely new squarers, a few squarers whom we have not seen for a while as well as everyone who joined us after the first day.
- So I do hope you will have time to smile as you step into natures squares and watch a raindrop and perhaps take a moment to look up to the sky
- You’ll sound find yourself going round in past circles, but don’t go too fast as I wouldn’t want you to miss the show outdoors, or the fabulous Croatian exploration
- There are also plenty of activities to try, and hobbies to share, as well as delicious tarts to sample
Thank you to everyone who has joined in the fun of past squares in the opening week. I hope you’ll continue to square in the coming weeks, for now though let’s explore the second half of the final room.
- No wonder I’m in the pink with all these different views and fabulous seats and desks to enjoy squares from
- Today’s the day to properly look round Squares, there are some fantastic views and delights if you look carefully
- Not forgetting the past summers to remember, Swiss travels and Iberian adventures to enjoy
- Before you dash away though to take part in this campaign why not make friends with a panthera leo and these Manx ruminant mammals!