Today I am going to begin by looking back to January last year, when the theme was ‘words containing light’. Unlike my Blinded Light this square didn’t get much attention last year, probably because it was a bonus square. However it was a rather special square as not only is there a sparrowhawk and a crow in the same tree, but this was my submission for Brian’s first last on the card. I have linked up with Brian again today with some new squares which were September’s ‘Last on the Card‘.
The photographs were taken when MrB and I nipped out to Stockbridge Down to pick sloes last week. You may recall we were here last year too. Sloes not as juicy as in the past but still managed to pick around 3lbs so plenty of sloe gin again. We also got caught in a rain shower, but we didn’t mind it was just good to get outside. I do wish, though, that in the third photograph I had lined up the horizon with the other two!
In case you have only just joined us this month and are wondering what is going on; I am inviting everyone to help me celebrate the past four years of Squares with Past Squares. There are multiple ways you can join us, including;
- Re-posting previous square posts which didn’t get much attention when they first appeared
- Having fun with the word ‘past’ by sharing squares of history and heritage, and that includes past holidays!
- Sharing on this day moments of previous posts as well as favourite squares and leftover squares from a previous theme
- Taking brand new photographs that would have been perfect for a previous theme
- Or if you have only recently discovered squares why not delight us with themes you missed. I have listed all previous themes in the square below.