Amazingly I am not the first person to mention Christmas in this month’s squares. Like the others when I spotted the photo I just knew I had to include it in #TreeSquare. So hope everyone will forgive me!! I probably should beg forgiveness for my title too as the first Christmas Trees wouldn’t have looked anything like this. However I didn’t want to mention Christmas in my title so thought instead I’d include a little bit of history.

PS Talking of history, I thought you might be interested to visit a part of my work life which has been taking up my non-square and sometimes my square time this month. I am both a trustee of and volunteer director for Hampshire History Trust, and every September we coordinate Heritage Open Days in this part of Hampshire. It is a FREE heritage and history festival. There will be more than 100 in-person events and online events this year, so wherever you are in the world you can join in the fun. Here’s the programme, well around 75% of the programme the remaining 25% I’ll be adding in the next few weeks!

154 thoughts

  1. Sorry I missed this tree, Becky. It’s gorgeous. Christmas time is such a fun time to take pictures. Mine don’t usually come out that well, though. 🙂

    Liked by 1 person

      1. That’s good. I didn’t visit as many as I planned as you know, I had some obstacles. This week I twisted my knee playing pickleball on Wednesday. Can you believe it? So I’m in stuck my recliner 70% of the time at least till Monday when I see the dr to find out what’s wrong. I didn’t break anything, thank God. My goal is still to visit all the entries, it takes longer on my phone!

        Like

  2. Wow! Thank you for sharing your passionate work – preservation is such critical work. What fun that we can join in online this year! Very very exciting!

    And I do love Christmas in July.

    Liked by 1 person

Share your thoughts . . . . . .

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.