I know, I know it should be a cherry with this title but I didn’t have any cherry trees photographs that could reflect the delights you are going to discover in this first gallery. It really is splendid, full of wonderful new squarers, those who have not squared for a while and those who are popping just occasionally this month. I do hope you will have time this weekend to visit some of them.
- Fakes trees have proved to be as marvellous as real trees this month
- No wonder so many of us have been full of energy this month exploring the world and dancing
- Some of us have even swung in a tree drinking champagne as we discovered what trees see; be warned they maybe all-seeing!
Wasn’t that a wonderful first room in this our first tree gallery. It has been such a joy to meet so many new squarers, and also a joy as you will discover in the next room to catch up with many we have not seen for a while.
- In between avoiding falling coconuts and falling trees, there have been cute squirrels, tree communities and sunny trees
- We have also discovered the oldest as well as the unusual, the latter more than once!
- There have been hidden delights in Illinois, adaptable ones in Tanzania and fun bridges to cross in Montana
- You have spoilt me by taking us to one of my favourite regions, and spoilt everyone by taking us on glorious rides and to places suitable for every season
By the way if this is your first time visiting a Squares gallery, then my advice is to pour yourself a glass or mug of something before you explore any further. Exploring the gallery is a wondrous thing, but with so many squarers ( it is now over 90) you do need refreshment!
- And I am not the only one who recommends refreshment, especially when there’s a history lesson to attend, as well graffiti to decipher and grand country houses to visit
- There are also silhouettes to create, beautiful wordless moments to enjoy and fabulous tree art to lose yourself in
- So pour yourself a cuppa and join me exploring combination posts that are both artful and joyous, and also very sensible given the number of great challenges and tree fans this month!
By the way I have split our first gallery into two as there are so many squarers to catch up with. Tomorrow we will be spoilt with the final third, which will feature squarers who have been keeping up with me by squaring daily or almost daily. It is going to be the loveliest of weekends!
- Hopefully with many more walks at sunset and peaceful views, and maybe even the occasional mossy coastal walk into the unknown
- Whatever you do this weekend don’t forget to lookup, to use less plastic and to expect the unexpected!
- The weekend is also a time to sit in the garden or to relax on the upper deck whilst under a favourite tree
- It is also a time for reflection, for imagination and a time to celebrate how life is better with trees, especially if they are unusual
So why not join us if you haven’t already! It is never too late to start squaring, there will be further galleries later in the month, and maybe also in August. Here’s a final room full of inspiration to help you plan your next or first #TreeSquare.
- I hear you shout yay! Or maybe that’s because Margaret is back with fifteen for us alongside fabulous memories of life in a lumberyard
- If you decide to join us your tree could be at the flowering stage, the hugging stage or be at that challenging knot stage!
- Maybe you will share your love of trees, whether that’s by showcasing your wonderful home town or the one in your neighbour’s front yard
- And don’t worry as long as your photograph is square, you will never be barking up the wrong tree!