After this morning’s walk I thought you might enjoy exploring our very first Bright Square gallery. There were already 70 squarers participating on the day I began to prepare this gallery, and far more by the time I finished curating it. What a fabulous start to the month. I thought I’d start with some brand new squarers accompanied by a few who last joined us in 2020.
- First I have to introduce you to a celebrity squarer and some lorikeets, before we enjoy some rather lovely poetry and reflections
- I think we have been treated to floral squares, lighthouses and great street art in nearly every challenge month
- It is one of the joys of photo blogging to be treated to such delights as well as unusual wall art and fabulous murals
- And don’t you just love turning the page to discover wondrous postbox hats and to be able to travel the world in just one post
Wasn’t that a great first room of squares. It is such fun meeting new bloggers and catching up with old friends. And talking of friends let’s now visit a few of our regular squarers;
- Squares began with Easter this year so there were a few halos as well as wonderful blossom and delicious cake
- Thanks to all of you sharing glimpses of brightness our days have been brightening and even beaming
- Together we have explored our wonderful hedgerows, our towns and occasionally the lights at night have been glaring, not surprising I guess with the theme of bright!
If you have not yet joined us as a squarer there is plenty of time. As you will soon discover the majority of squarers join us randomly through the week, others just at weekends and some pop in occasionally during the month.
- Squares is a wonderful community with whom to share your golden views, your warmest thoughts and glowing images
- There is always brightness in the shadows here, as well as bright and gorgeous smiles
- So come join us and help brighten our days with cheeky gnomes and clever songs, and brighten our nights with the glorious moon
Oh my I’ve just realised I have never mentioned coffee and cake, or glasses of something and a few olives. Whatever the time of day and your preference, I do recommend pouring yourself a little something as we have a few more rooms to visit.
- Some friends have already started pouring and others have been quite naughty, and a few are splashing about
- One or two have even dressed up in sparkly shoes whilst they have fun in the sun and celebrate with ribbon cutting
- Remember though that not every bright idea is a great one; sometimes the best thing to do is sit in rays of sunshine or beside a bright warming fire
I do hope everything one is okay at the moment, specially those of you who are recovering from Covid-19, are in the middle of yet another lock down and/or are supporting family and friends with other challenges in this weird times. Sending hugs to you all, and remember to be kind to yourself as well as others.
- By taking time to share bright hearts and find things that make us happy, I am confident brighter days will come
- So look around you, you might be surprised by what there is to appreciate as well as the beauty at your feet
- There is also joy to be found high up above us in the glorious sunshine, no wonder the theme of bright has hit exactly the right spot for so many of us
- It is a great excuse to play with the camera and to delve into the archives or should I say under hedges!
I know there are quite a few rooms and squares to visit in this first gallery. I do hope though that everyone is able to visit at least two squarers in every room. It means so much to us all to receive a visit a few days after we have posted a square.
- Especially if you have poured yourself a cuppa at the end of the day, or at the beginning when it is a time for renewal
- And we all want someone to dance with, so be a butterfly and flit to as many squares as you can today
- Not only might you find someone cute to fall into bed with, but there is some beautiful bird song to enjoy
- There is also some fantastic art; no wonder I cannot wait to see what other unique finds and delights you will be sharing this month
Although maybe you won’t have time today, what with a gallery and a walk to enjoy but, hopefully you will have time this weekend to share a square image. I would love it if you did, just remember a square has 4 equal sides! But before you dash off to find your squares for the weekend, here’s our final room;
- This square is a must visit for Margaret and these are for everyone seeking joy and/or a colourful life
- So come on and explore the caves with me, and leave the funk behind!
- I can also promise you some fabulously bright wheels and I think there are going to be multiple rainbows
- You see, thanks to squares, even the darkest clouds have a bright side and the coldest waters can be inviting, so come get caught up in our squaring web!
Wasn’t that a wonderful first gallery. Do hope you enjoyed exploring it as much as I did curating.