What a week we have had with so many new and fabulous ups. You have all been so marvellous, I thought I better move upscale for our second gallery. I do hope everyone is ready to upraised and in some cases laugh uproariously!
- After all life is a bit bananas at the moment and we don’t want to raise your blood pressure or create an uphill slog
- Squares is a time for inspiration, a giggle or two, and I hope lots of stunning views and wonderful abstracts to help us relax
- It also offers everyone great support and fins up because sometimes, no matter how optimistic we are, we all need a supportive cushion and snack
It has been so uplifting going through the past week of Squares, particularly as I prepared this post on Friday under blue skies. My first cloudless day for two weeks, and it was followed by a second one yesterday! They are not the only wondrous occurrence I’ve observed, your innovative approach to this month’s theme has also been brilliant.
- Not only has your disruption been delightful but there have been supersized moments and even chupa chups
- We have visited Upola and joined the Uppers on the Thames, and thoroughly enjoyed being in duplicate
- Your brilliance is making sure no-one will ever be upset or in uproar, especially if they are holed up in stirrups with all of us!
Just in case anyone doesn’t know what is going on this is a gallery post for the January Squares challenge. I aim to include links for everyone who has participated since the last gallery, which means this is a great opportunity to catch up on squares you may have missed as well as connect with new squarers and find inspiration for next week.
- Maybe you will be inspired to make cupcakes, dance under a disco ball or measure up for a new project
- Fingers are crossed we will be going upside down again next week, and I can’t wait to see what other delicious soups you might serve us to help us build up our reserves
- Whatever you do over the coming week stand tall and upright, there are likely to be both up and down moments and dragons ahead.
We are almost halfway round the gallery, you know what that means! If this is your first time exploring a squares gallery it means it is time to make yourself a cuppa. And for the old hands it is time to make that second pot, or even pour a glass of something!
- Make sure you use a fancy cuppa for your beverage, it will help you keep up with all the hidden treasures and line ups
- We also have quite a few hills and stairs to climb, as well as fabulous hotels and turrets to explore from afar and close up
- And if that is all a tad too messy for you, don’t panic as there are also opportunities for lazy Sunday moments as well as gardening delights under lovely blue skies.
Hope you are enjoying this week’s gallery as much as the first, and that you have been able to find the time to visit at least a few squarers in every room. I know some of you will be superstars and visit every one. Remember you don’t have to visit all in one sitting!
- But do visit, as there are some fabulous tales to be heard, boots to be puzzled over and great quotes and fascinating architectural challenges to enjoy
- And whilst you are visiting don’t forget to turn up the volume and put on a few baubles, squares is all about playing up.
- It has certainly been fun for me looking up to see what you have been up to and where you have been, and such an honour to hear your memories.
For the first time in a long while, our squares month has not been rushing by. I think, a sign of what is happening in the outside world. The start of this new year is proving to be quite a challenge. Thank goodness therefore for all of you, helping to keep me and others upbeat.
- No one is going to be fed up or going up in smoke with all of you here, instead we will be swinging in the trees and lighting up the sky.
- We’ve been blessed by your thoughtfulness and joyous squares, and there has even been an interview (hence the logo to your right or below if on phone!)
- So if you haven’t already pricked up your ears and opened up your doors to squares, why not scoop your camera up and join us in this second pile up.
PS If you are wondering about my shop front, it is in Lisboa. Joalharia Ferreira Marques has one of the most beautiful facades in the city, and the art deco is original. The jewellery store has been run by the same family since it opened here in 1926. Discover more here.