Thank you so much for all the wonderful comments and #SquareUps today, they have really helped restore my equilibrium. As promised I am returning with a gallery, but before I share your inspiring squares, here’s another view of the sky at sunup. The moon here is a waning crescent (compare to this morning’s waxing gibbous) and the shot was taken 10 minutes before yesterday’s sunup.
For a few seconds preparing this I couldn’t quite believe it is already day seven but mostly I have been asking myself today ‘can the new year really only seven days old?!’. So much has happened this week and not all of it upbeat. It is one of the reasons I thought I’d share the first gallery early this month. Let’s start with some of the new squarers as well as few friends we have not seen for quite a while.
- I am in awe of some of this month’s innovative approaches to squares, as well as the extraordinary close ups and wonderful views
- For some the new year begins pristine, for others it starts with a leap and up the squares!
- For a few of us though we are only just pushing up and getting up and sizing up whether to come up the stairs
- There have been incredible portraits and irresistible cuddles, no wonder for so many of us it is time to step up.
Regular squarers I am sure have already poured themselves a large cup of coffee or tea, but if you haven’t got one beside you then I recommend you take a pause and go and make one now.
- In these challenging times a great walk in fabulous boots does so much for the soul as does great surfing
- I am just loving travelling with you, there have been incredible buildings, buskers and villages
- Combined with all this love and friendship around; no wonder we are all cheered up
- And what about the hidden ups, from duplicates to suppers to drupes – you are all superb. Hee hee, see what I did there!
It has been heartening that nearly everyone has remembered to square so far this month, I think I have only had to comment on four posts so far. I know squares are not always ideal but that’s what gives this challenge a step up from the others!!
- As well the marvellous hidden ups, there have also been multiple meanings of up and look ups
- It has been so wonderful to look back with you all and to put things into perspective
- The weather and sky has upmost in our minds this month, and I have been envious of all the blue
- It is not difficult staying upbeat and cheered up with you lovely people, I am jumping up with joy
I do hope that you are able to spare the time to visit at least one square in every room, and maybe some of you could join the ranks of the super squarers and visit every square in the gallery. Remember you don’t have to visit all 60(ish) in one sitting!
- There is so much beauty and snippets to discover though if you climb high and fly with us into every room
- There is also plenty of support and creativity; from tupperware to views of a Borrower (well in my eyes at least) to fixer uppers!
- So keep up if you can and you will soon have the upper hand on those uptown girls!
Thank you all for being such fabulous squarers and for leaving such uplifting comments. I know I say this every gallery but I really mean it as you are the ones that make squares so special. Let’s now visit our final room.
- Things may have erupted and even broken up and we may have needed ibuprofen on occasion
- However together we have stood upright and most importantly lit up the way
- So let us continue to walk up the hill and find joy together; after all the eagle has landed it is time to cheer
- And if that doesn’t work why not try palming and the glorious silence, we will soon find beauty and abstract once more around us
By the way did you notice that I included an up in every paragraph? This gallery is uppermost thanks to all of you and up!