Christmas isn’t Christmas without a walk, but this year not sure what we will be doing as we are now in Tier4. We are in a support bubble and so technically we can go out as a four, but I am feeling very wary about doing that when others can’t. Maybe we’ll split up and go out in two sets of pairs, or maybe we’ll stay indoors as Storm Bella is on its way. I just don’t know but whilst I ponder options here’s a photograph of much happier times when Mum and I enjoyed a Boxing Day walk in a park near Olhão. Life was so much easier then, also drier!
If you are unable to get out for a walk today and need a bit of distraction why not check out some of the amazing podcasts my charity’s volunteers have been putting together over the past few weeks. As you can see from the clickable list below there is something for everyone from history to graffiti to the British pantry. Go on click on a title that catches your eye!
From a Cloister Arch to Medieval Glass and Some China Eggs! – Hampshire HistBites
- From a Cloister Arch to Medieval Glass and Some China Eggs!
- Weaving History and Tradition with the Whitchurch Silk Mill
- Three Abbeys and a Castle: Hampshire's History of Royals
- When the Messiah came to Andover
- Celebrating and remembering with Hampshire's bells
- A Window Through Time: Florence Nightingale’s Hampshire Roots and Legacy