It is the penultimate day of October squares, I really don’t know where the month has gone. I am sure it was only yesterday I was looking forward to a month of benevolent square cataloging. Yet today I am looking back at a month of kindred spirits kindling our imagination and sharing kindness and kindly comments. You have been so wonderful and so kind. I know tomorrow our final day may be sad, however it will I am sure also be uplifting thanks to your incredible collection of squares. What a month, thank you all for grasping so brilliantly that kinda anything goes when we all come together in a square.
Bark makes amazing kindling, but it is still a bit of a random square from me today! So I thought I’d accompany it with a list of ten random kindness tasks. Be kind, choose one to do today;
- Send someone a handwritten note
- Bake a cake for yourself and cookies for a friend, or vice versa!
- Pick up some rubbish in the street
- Text a compliment to three friends, and include your ‘strongest’ friend
- Let someone go in front of you in a queue
- Arrange for flowers or a care package to be sent to someone who lives alone
- Tell someone you know you are proud of them
- Sow some seeds or plant a tree (or order some to plant next week!)
- Donate to charity or a food bank
- Contact someone you haven’t seen in a while and arrange a phone catch up