Our first week has been full of kindness and fun, thank you all so much. Kind as a theme seems to have struck a chord this month, and there are already more than fifty of us taking part. It is one of the reasons I thought I’d share the first gallery early this month, and like my unicorn it is one of a kind!
- I’ve not been the only taking a unique approach. There have been close encounters of the third kind and sneaky ones too
- We have learnt so much from the nutty ones and been delighted by rusty ones and models in a line
- Mother Nature maybe windy and occasionally swampy but she is also glorious
I don’t know about you though but I am certainly finding I am struggling some days because of what it going on in the world, and little problems at home seem to become enormous ones. Thankfully though your diverse interpretations of kind have been keeping me going, they have all been so inspiring and motivating.
- There have been inner glows, and cute furry faces, and so much unexpected kindness
- Everyone is bee-ing so kind, lovely and thoughtful, and on occasion kinda mystical and cool
- And with all the kind happy faces and fireworks it is no wonder I feel kinda alive
Regular squarers I am sure have already poured themselves a large cup of coffee or tea, but if you haven’t got one beside you then I recommend you take a pause and go and make one now.
- Alternatively you may prefer to look to the grape variety of refreshment, or perhaps something sweeter still or maybe your favourite kind
- It is turning out to be a great month for counting, whether its adorable faces, kinda cute ones or seven of a kind!
- This month’s squares also seem to be encouraging us to walk and see both kinds, as well as reminding us that occasionally it is kinder to leave it outside!
Now before you enter the fourth room of squares, I thought I’d share my bean slicer. Many of you asked me about it yesterday. As you can see it is tiny compared to the Victorian one. We use ours for runner beans, but it works well for French beans too. First you top and tail, and then you push the bean through. It cuts them into narrow pieces, and we think it is brilliant!
- Kindness has been blossoming even in the supermarket and in our lighting
- We have also discovered it in the desert, and beside the sea. There have been no regrets this week, although it has been dry.
- Thank goodness then for the fabulous sculptures, and magnificent creatures on slippery chutes
It has been heartening that nearly everyone has remembered to square so far this month, I think I have only had to comment on three posts so far. I know squares are not always ideal but that’s what makes this challenge one of a kind!
- This maybe my final room in the gallery, but this is not the only square gallery this week nor is it the only sparkling post making us smile
- So be kind to yourself, there is light and joy at the end of the tunnel and soon you will be feeling groovy.
- I do hope you are also feeling the lovin’ and that the gallery has kindled your imagination, I cannot wait to see what kind of fun happens next.
Squares is such a fun challenge. It truly is an honour to host squares for you. I really hope you have been able to visit at least two squares in every room.