A few weeks ago I couldn’t resist capturing the sunlight as it played on the sitting room wall. Not the best of photographs but it kindled my imagination. It also serves as a great reminder that next week all and any kinds of photographic captures are allowed in October. It is after all a month of benevolent squares!
I know this photograph isn’t square, however I am hoping you might take kindly to it as we are still in September!
I am still caught up with festival admin this week, but this weekend I intend to catch up with all of you, and can’t wait to discover what you have been up to and photographing these past few weeks. I must also set aside some time to prepare my squares for October. I am so behind! How are you getting on? If you haven’t yet begun, here are some suggestions for how you might interpret the theme;
- Something of the kind (mirror images, carbon copies and doubles)
- Our imagination kindled (inspire us!)
- Of its kind (a unique object or could be a picture of nature and wildlife)
- Kindred spirits (kindness in action or photographs of people)
- Take kindly to (something you like such as my Warbler on Sunday or Ellie’s cheese)
My sunlit rectangle is a kind of carbon copy of what was outside, so if it had been suitable cropping into square it would have appeared in October as ‘Something of the Kind’!