July may have finished but there are still Square Perspectives for us to enjoy with a fabulous gallery. However before we begin our gallery explorations, I have to ask you all something. How did you get on with my picture puzzle on Friday? I know Graham figured it out but did anyone else identify which photograph hadn’t actually appeared in July? If you were unsure, here it is in all its glory.
For the first time for a #SquarePerspectives gallery I am remembering to remind you right at the start to have a large cup of coffee or tea to hand, or even a pot. Everything is a true delight in the gallery, but it a rather large one!
- You have made this month so special, even the prickles and the occasional rant have been a delight
- I thought though you might enjoy starting in the open air, and you cannot get more open than the sea or the sky!
- Thank you for reminding us all how good it is to reach for the top, to enjoy every moment, and to let the light shine through.
Wasn’t that a great start to the gallery. You have all been such fabulous squarers this month, and I know it has not always been an easy month. Our strange times look set to continue for quite a while. I do hope everyone is okay. Sending hugs to you all, and also a few more square delights to distract.
- There has been plenty of mystery this month, and not surprisingly I guess, given the dystopia, even some spooky moments
- Hasn’t it been fun though seeing different perspectives from behind and in yellow
- There have been so many wonderful faces, opportunities to dance and joyful moments of confusion.
I hope that you are able to spare the time to visit at least one square in every room this weekend, and maybe some of you could join the ranks of the super squarers and visit every square in the gallery. Remember you don’t have to do it all in one sitting!
- You could today take your time to unfurl and learn new words whilst you watching the setting sun
- Or maybe you would prefer to follow the signs and discover new sculptures
- There are so many beautiful things in the world encouraging us all to slow down and look things right in the eye
Thank you also to everyone who leaves a comment and visits a fellow squarers. Your participation is so encouraging, and we have had such fun conversations this month.
- As we have debated about what we are seeing, or not seeing, and on occasion realised maybe this is not the moment to go snap. I am still giggling over that last one!
- In fact I may even been spinning around; I am certainly buzzing
- Thanks to all your perfect squares, your fabulous street art and wonderful finds in the garden
How’s that cup of coffee or tea looking? Needing a refresh or perhaps a chocolate biscuit? Why not take a few moments to take a break. I would hate you to run out of steam as there are more extraordinary squares in this next room.
- Including glorious summer views, incredible moments under water and beautiful seasonal scenes
- And don’t forget the intriguing perspectives, creativity and effect of using unusual lenses
- We have so much to be thankful for, it has been such a pleasing month of squares with all the flowers and rainbows
I do hope you are enjoying visiting as much as I did curating. It is rather fun creating the final gallery after Squares has ended as it enables me to enjoy your brilliance once again revisiting old friends as well as many brand new squarers.
- You have kept us wondering with your many perspectives, including one that draws the eye
- We have seen iconic buildings, seen things from the model’s perspective and enjoyed picture stories
- Your perspectives have been truly wonderful, even those that have been camouflaged and vanishing
I have got a few posts planned for August, but mostly you will find the blog a quieter place than July. A chance for me to re-charge the batteries, plus I have lots to do before the festival in September. Rather excitingly because we are going digital you can all join me this year. See there are some upsides to a pandemic!
Right now though it is time to visit the final room of the final gallery for #SquarePerspectives. I hope you still have some or tea left, as you really are not going to want to miss these.
- The perspective in this one is quite extraordinary, and as for this jaw-dropping bridge
- And there has certainly been some ingenuity to your approaches; maybe that’s why there have been so many bottoms and smiles
- So let us finish by pointing the way, and reminding ourselves that whilst life is not always perfect it can be safe with the right perspective
Last month was an outstanding month for diversity, beauty, and innovation. Thank you all again for being such great squarers, I cannot wait to see you back here in October. I will announce the new theme in mid September so make sure you are following me, but before you go here’s a final photograph. It isn’t cropped I took it square on my phone and so happily I can also use it as my last on my card for Brian’s monthly challenge!