Well, Mrs Sparrow (and his lordship in the header) are hoping you might have time this weekend to sit down and enjoy some very different perspectives. The first ten days have been quite inspirational, I can’t wait to see what the next twenty one bring. First though let’s enjoy again some of the squares we’ve already seen. As always I hesitate where to start in the gallery, as you are all so brilliant. However I thought I’d begin with new squarers, there have been quite a few of you this month;
- Our world is on hold, but hopefully soon we will be on the other side enjoying once more the beauty of our patchwork of colours
- In the meanwhile take a seat and ponder a perspective or two whilst you watch happy families and the extraordinary view
- And remember rainy days bring hidden beauty, and, don’t feel guilty about temptation, be positive!
Wasn’t that a fabulous first room. It is an honour to have been joined by so many new squarers already this month. I have also been delighted we have been rejoined by so many fabulous squarers from previous months, some of whom I don’t think we have seen since 2019.
- You’ve helped us shape our experiences, explore in the shadows and change our perspectives with your different views
- Our eyes have been tricked and on occasions lengthened as we have joined each other on our journeys home
- No wonder on occasion I’ve needed a rest and stepped back to keep some space and perspective
Perspectives as a theme seems to have struck a chord this month, a reflection I think of the extraordinary times we find ourselves in.
- Our thoughts have been squared at times, and even muddled, as we have pondered how others behave and make it happen
- Not surprisingly I am not the only one reviewing squares, and remembering past moments, questioning realities and recognising not everything is constant
- The world has been turned upside down, and dynamics are unsettled, so who knows when we can have a tea break
Oh my, how could I have forgotten to remind you. Regular squarers I am sure have already poured themselves a large cup of coffee or tea, but if you haven’t got one beside you then i recommend you take a pause and go and make one now. We are only half way!
- There are so many more special things to delight you with, including family tales, musical roofs and unusual encounters
- So let’s switch on the light, or at least catchlight, as we are about to be shrunk to the size of an ant to climb a mountain
- Just hope Audrey isn’t around, nor any triffids whilst we explore passages underground
It has been heartening that nearly everyone has remembered to square so far this month, I think I have only had to comment on one post. I know squares are not always ideal but that’s what makes this challenge so unique!
- As do all the amazing buildings and extraordinary seascapes you have found, no wonder we are all comparing and playing with perspectives.
- And everyone is being so obliging, perhaps it is because of all magic and improvisation
- So, if you haven’t already, do get a little closer, there are some fabulous angles and geometry out there
Squares is such a fun challenge. It truly is an honour to host squares for you. I really hope you have been able to visit at least two squares in every room, and also have time to visit one or more in our final room of incredible squarers.
- There are cute faces to observe but not steal nuts from, and fabulous alley ways and historic piers to explore
- We can swing on a swing, enjoy a delicious ice cream and you might even get that much needed haircut!
- So let’s change the way we look at things, post a letter to a friend, and if you are in the northern hemisphere enjoy your summer days.
Thank you all for being such fabulous squarers, and an extra special thank you to those of you who have been able to make the time to visit every one of the sixty seven squares in our first July 2020 Squares gallery. You are amazing; it means so much to me when the statistics confirm that you have been visiting and supporting fellow squarers.
PS Before you dash away to pour a glass or two of something to recover from your gallery marathon, here are some great tips (no squares) for those seeking cropping advice or are struggling with Gutenberg, and to finish how about an added challenge to take your squares to the next
level space this month!