The pocket square was once a necessity at formal engagements, and I suspect it still is for some. Generally though these days it is an opportunity for sartorial flair. And talking of flair, what splendid squares you have all been sharing.
There are now more than fifty of us who have taken part in Squares this month. Most daily, a few just the once and some ad hoc. I am delighted this week we have been joined by so many new faces as well as all you fabulous regulars.
- So no wonder, despite the news, this week has been uplifting with a cherry on top and kept me feeling on top of the world
- It is though a funny world but thanks to the full moon we’ve been rocking and singing at the top of our lungs
- We’ve even been baking and drying on top, although not at the top of these fabulous stairs
Wasn’t that a great first room. Hope you discovered something new as well as catch up with friends of old, and I forgot to ask did you make that large cup of something? If you haven’t why not make it now;
- Whilst the rest of us enjoy a wonderful musical interlude with our King and Queen of musical squares
- And if you poured a glass make sure it doesn’t topple, that you have a permit and are drinking in the company of love!
- Probably best though not to drink the juice from this fruit, but whatever happens try to keep smiling.
- And continue to enjoy your reminiscences of visits and beautiful drives
The beauty and diversity of squares this month is proving to be a fabulous distraction. No wonder I am going to make the following plea;
- Never stop sharing your spirit lifting tops, you are keeping me sane as I peer from my room at the top!
- You are also inspiring me with your creativity and flying squirrels, as well as helping me track time with your topical squares
- And whilst I had hoped for great shelves and book piles alongside your topping roof views, I never expected moose on the roof. Did you?
I do hope everyone is able to visit at least one masterpiece in each room, it would be top notch if you could.
- There are some innovative and fabulous toppers out there, you will soon be chattering and spinning like a top
- I know you will go awww at this one’s cute face, and the fore tops are well worth a visit
- I am sure I am not alone in opening a top, not too many as we don’t want to end up topsy-turvy with dots in front of the eyes
Thank you all so much for joining me in squares this month. I know things are difficult for many, and so am incredibly appreciative of you being here. You’ll going to love the final room; yup nearly time to top up that glass!
- Whilst we wait for the bar to open I thought we’d continue our explorations with historical splendour and a Royal retreat
- Or maybe you would prefer a swing or even a sail in the fens where joy (and pollen) can be found on topknots
- It has been a truly topping week as we have balanced herons and enjoyed your interpretative finds
- Thank you all for sharing so much, including top secrets and even some photophosphorylation!