No boxing hares or pranks here, just a top hat on a hare to start April Squares! I think we are going to need lots of Squares this month to bring us joy and toppings.
The theme for April Squares is ‘top‘, and we have five idioms, to choose from;
- On Top of the World – summit, crown, peak (tiptop) or uppermost part of something.
- Under the Big Top – topping or covering (or if you are really lucky a circus!)
- Room at the Top – first or highest in position
- Cherry on Top – something made even more wonderful by becoming square
- Top and Tail – or maybe you’d prefer to play around with word combinations such as top dog, top stitch, top hat, top secret, top knot, top drawer or top dollar!
The main tag is #SquareTops but you may also want to add a second tag using the idiom your square is coming under. My second tag today is ‘Top and Tail’ in honour of the hare’s top hat.
And just in case anyone has forgotten this is how squares works;
- Create your post with a square photograph, and include a pingback to one of my daily square posts (not the home page as otherwise I don’t know about your ping!)
- You can also add the link to your post in the comments on any of my square posts
- To make it easy for others to find you and to generate interest do include the theme’s tag (sometimes this may be the only way I can find you too)
- You can also use one of my squares logos to promote the challenge
- Be an amazing member of the square gang, whether you post squares or not, by visiting fellow squarers and setting aside time to enjoy one or more of the square galleries which will appear sporadically through the challenge
- Do leave a comment on mine as well as your link
- And remember whilst every square is a rectangle only four equal sides make a rectangle a square!
Comments are closed.