For many of us under lockdown or sheltering at home we face weeks if not months of restrictions. It isn’t going to be an easy time. However we do need to stay safe, and also help those on the front line by staying at home. And there are some positives such as the chance to work on projects which have been on the to do list for years, and more time to take part in challenges such as Squares! The theme is top, and you don’t have to go outside to find topping squares. You could just look behind you as I did today when I snapped this square of the top shelf in my study.
Squares begins tomorrow and we have five variations, or idioms, to choose from;
- On Top of the World – summit, crown, peak (tiptop) or uppermost part of something.
- Under the Big Top – topping or covering (or if you are really lucky a circus!)
- Room at the Top – first or highest in position
- Cherry on Top – something made even more wonderful by becoming square
- Top and Tail – or maybe you’d prefer to play around with word combinations such as top shelf, top stitch, top hat, top secret, top knot, top drawer or top dollar!
The main tag is #SquareTops but you may also want to add a second tag using the idiom your square is coming under. And just in case anyone doesn’t know this is how squares works;
- Create your post with a square photograph, and include a pingback to one of my daily square posts (not the home page as otherwise I don’t know about your ping!)
- You can also add the link to your post in the comments on any of my square posts
- To make it easy for others to find you and to generate interest do include the theme’s tag (sometimes this may be the only way I can find you too)
- You can also use one of my squares logos to promote the challenge
- Be an amazing member of the square gang, whether you post squares or not, by making time to visit other squares especially when I post the square galleries.
- Do leave a comment on mine as well as your link
- And remember whilst every square is a rectangle only four equal sides make a rectangle a square!
Stay safe everyone, and here’s to a month of distraction and joy through Squares.