Did you get the telegram? Today is the day for our first Squares gallery. So pull down the blind and get ready for a show! You may also want to make yourself a cuppa, or pour a glass of wine, before you begin to explore, there are 60 entries.
- So let’s begin with a stroll on the pier, a skip across the water and a birding adventure
- If we look overhead we may even catch a UFO, but hopefully won’t be a rabbit caught in the headlights!
- As always once we start looking we see multiple lights and delights, and last week of course it was all very Christmassy
My hope is that everyone will visit at least five fellow squarers in the gallery as there have been some very creative hyphens, compound nouns and words ending in light.
- I certainly didn’t have this in mind when I saw the word sidelight, nor when I was pondering footlights and who would take all the limelight!
- Nor was I expecting dashlight discoveries and such a brilliantly named drive
- And whilst I had hoped for gaslights, I never even envisaged whitelight or bubble flight!
- We have even had a slight of movement and very cute plight
Thought this might be a good moment to take a pause so that you can top up your cup or glass of whatever you are enjoying as you browse through the collection. This pause also gives me a chance to sneak in a the full length blind!
- There have been some wonderful delights & highlights, glorious oceans views and atmospheric raindrops
- As well as stories in the moonlight, poetry in the shadowlight and paintings above a desk
- We have enjoyed walks in the nightlight, and spotlights by the sea
- And also enjoyed experiments with light in the darkness as well as old fashioned streetlights
I wonder what caught your eye in our first week, do leave a comment below mentioning some of your favourite delights or see if you can spot whether I have included them in today’s gallery.
- Perhaps your favourite was a delicious snack, the chance to go to a ball game or an evening gazing upon liquid sunlight
- Maybe you enjoyed the quiet time, the afternoon tea and moments to alight and watch peas grow in the pod
- There again perhaps you love all of the energy of a fairground, the drama at sea, the skylarking and mouse sized mischief that has been occurring
A huge thank you to you all for being such creative participants, I am really looking forward to our next week of joy and fabulous photography.
- Hopefully more photographers will join us in the twilight zone, it is a favourite time of day as are moments like these
- Squares is such a great opportunity to recognise we are the light and should bask in the gorgeous light
- Whether we are coming home, on the porch or surrounded by beauty in the garden
- Remember the magic and magnificence of January Light is everywhere; and even I occasionally, maybe, will acknowledge the word light ends in light!
Now, before I dash off to get ready for lunch with Sue and Debbie, a quick reminder. The tag is #JanuaryLight, and the theme is words ending in light. I recommend using pingbacks, links in comments and the tag at the moment as the WordPress gremlins are out and about again. The only rule though is your photo must be square.