It was extraordinary watching the Paralympics and such a shame the games are not as well attended as the Olympics. All athletes are amazing but the Paralympians are in another league. The whole stadium had to be silent when the blind long jumpers performed so they could hear their guides. The first guide lines them up, the second (via shouting, clapping and/or counting) guides them down the track to help ensure they stay within the lines. Remembering of course to get out of the way at the end! The Paralympics is all about teamwork.
And it is teamwork which makes squares so special too. Everyone who contributes with posts and/or comments is always supportive and kind, and the quality and number of contributions is inspiring. No wonder I love creating the galleries so much. Here’s our first October gallery and I am delighted to announce;
- We have some new square friends, and so I thought I’d begin with them as they journey to work
- Although I am not sure I would ever get any work done here, and I’d probably be mesmerised if I sat in this bathtub!
As our first October gallery is appearing so early in the month it is not as quite full as they sometimes can be, but there are still more than 50 exhibits to discover. So make sure you make yourself comfortable and maybe put the kettle on!
- Be careful though where you place your hands this month as some lines must not be touched as lines can be rusty and it may get spiky
- I thought there might be fascinating architecture and interiors but the cuteness of lines was a wonderful surprise
- Loving the music and tempting walks but must admit I am hoping though we don’t all go blurry eyed!
- The most important thing though is to be careful on corners and stay behind the lines, otherwise you might become criss-cross!
I’ve mentioned the kettle but have you actually poured yourself a drink? If not this might be a good time to make yourself a cuppa or maybe pour a glass of something!
- And maybe make a pizza too; there are a lot of lines to get through as some of us have dipped into archives, others stepped into a box.
- From beautiful lines to lines that confuse, to lines which communicate and journey lines to make
- There are also lines that are yellow and exquisite, and lines which confirm home is best
- Others which mark the spot whilst some line up to welcome you and a few disappear as you sit and watch.
Life can get busy, and so don’t worry if you cannot post daily. The square team and I will be here throughout the month.
- Squares is such fun, never a line of duty and as many of us know once you start you cannot stop; lines are to be found everywhere.
- Just take a peek at the buildings around us, in the museums we visit and in our stunning landscapes.
- It also seems that we are all surrounded by lavender, such a stunning colour but how on earth could I forget dilly-dally?!
- There are so many lines from classic lines and buntlines, to ones that are waving and wavy.
It is going to be a great month; I’d be delighted if you invited your friends to join us. I’ll be sharing the rules again tomorrow, but just in case you want to share today here’s a reminder of where we started.
It must take extra drive and dedication to be a paralympian or part of their support team.
LikeLiked by 1 person
They are incredible . .so glad I booked tickets.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Comments are closed.