I didn’t but we did see palm leaves being carried in Lisbon and I have very happy memories of a donkey being part of a Palm Sunday procession. I think it must have been we lived in Newbury in England. This picture was taken in Alcoutim, in the north east of the Algarve. I am not aware of any donkeys being in a procession there but it does have a donkey tying stone, an incredible collection of tile murals, and happens to be one of our favourite places to spend a lazy sunday.
This coming Sunday won’t be lazy as we have a festival to attend. I will tell you more about that tomorrow, but for now why not grab a cup of coffee or tea and join me again as I look at more of the wonderful #MarchSquares you have been sharing with me over the past couple of weeks.
Yesterday was incredible wasn’t it with the round-up of #MarchSquares. I do hope you will enjoy today’s collection just as much.
- I have thoroughly enjoyed the beautiful walks and stories such as those shared by Elaine in her Friday Letters, Jo in Jerez, Carol in the Blue Mountains and Tish in Pembrokeshire
- There have been stunning circular windows, multiple ones, square ones with views and ones with a story
- A few of you like Jude have shared favourites and others have discovered amazing dials and beautiful tea cosies
- And I am still in awe of the incredible doorsteps and still in love with Gilly’s very old cart
- Best of all though for someone who was unwell at the beginning of the week, there has been lots of food from lemons to tasty waffles, pots and cups of coffee, fabulous salads and the biggest icecream ever!
I could keep going as what has been shared as been amazing, but I better stop here as I am sure you are all in need of another cup of tea or coffee.